Friday 31 August 2007

today's my birthday

Its a big Hip Hip Hooray for me today as I turn 36. I went out with a few friends last weekend for bit of a party bash, and had heaps of fun. Started off at Kate's place with a few vodka tonics, then headed into the cross to the Darlo Bar. Unfortunately the place is undergoing some renovations but over all it was a good choice as a starting point. From there we headed to the Burdekin via the Oxford Hotel. Since the renovations there it hasn't been the same.. It looks more like a Woolshed than a bar, and I always expect some impromptu line dancing to begin, something similar to Johnny Rockets when the staff get up and do some crazy dancing. The Burdekin was ok, I mean it's just a bar to hang out at and drink away. Carl the bartender commented on my new beard, don't know if that's good or bad when one has only been to the bar four times in total and the bar staff are picking you out of a crowd and saying hello when you have new facial growth that makes you unrecognisable to some of your friends. After the Burdekin we headed to Q Bar. Now this a joint that I haven't been to since my straight days with my last girlfriend. The line was long to get in, and Kate had already been there earlier and had been stamped on the way out. So another trick that I don't for awhile was the lick of the wrist and pressing her wrist to mine. It came out perfectly and one flash of the stamp to the bouncers and I was in. :)

We danced the rest of our night away and any question about my sexuality was probably soon taken care of when I did my pole dancing display with a pillion on the dance floor. Oh well a bit of harmless fun. Kate and I were the last ones standing and called it quits at 8am, well more like our lack of funds made us quit and head home. No point staying if you cant have another vodka tonic.

Last Wednesday night I had dinner with Juzzy and Adam, two of my favorite people. I have so much respect for them. They are both quick witted, very funny, and extremely intelligent people of the world. I was looking forward to having a simple pub meal with them. Juzzy asked me out to join her and Adam as we hadn't seen each other since her b'day a little while back and because she was unable to join us this evening. Unfortunately, from my point of view anyway, a crew of tag-a-longs joined in and it wasn't completely the evening I was hoping for. But I had been fore warned of this, so I wasn't suprised. But I did get to sit down for about 30 mins with Juzzy before the crowd arrived and discussed my new beard and websites that I should visit to get ideas on how to shape and groom it.

Today I got a call from my folks to wish me a happy birthday. Pamela actually sung happy Birthday to me over the phone, so cute. I'm picking up a rental car this afternoon and driving back up to Port Macquarie tomorrow to spend the weekend with them. I can feel a sickie coming on on Monday as I wont be back home in Sydney until that evening. Little Will from San Francisco called me too bright an early. He has spoiled me with many bits and pieces he sent through the post.

Tonight I am heading to Kuleto's in Newtown for cocktails with my friend Adam and Dean. Happy hour is from 6pm to 7.30pm so I'm going to try and get there in time to at least buy one round for myself of 2 for 1 cocktails. Wont be getting to wild though as I have that drive tomorrow to mum and dad's. Urgh! Five hours of driving.


The model shot prior to heading out

Rodney and I at the Oxford Hotel

Brendan, Suzie, Kate and I at the Budekin Hotel

Merrin and I at the Budekin Hotel

Greg and I at the Budekin hotel

Suzie and I at the Budekin Hotel

Kate and I at the Q Bar

Kate and i at the Q Bar. last drink before heading home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home